Below are a few tips to make your telemedicine visit run more smoothly:
- Check your email the day after you book your appointment for details to set up your patient portal account, and set up the account and complete the intake forms as soon as possible so that it’s done and you don’t forget
- If you have current lab work results, please email me a copy of your lab work results
- If you don’t have any current lab work results, please contact your family doctor to request a copy for yourself and email me a copy to me when you receive it
- Take a photo of all of your current supplements and please email it to me
- Check your email the day before your scheduled appointment for an appointment reminder with details regarding the visit, particularly the link to the private portal that’s compliant with the Canadian privacy standards.
- Login to the private portal 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to ensure that your internet connection is working well
- If your internet connection isn’t working well, send me a quick email and let me know that you would prefer a telephone consultation instead
How do you do the virtual visits?
You’ll be given a link to a private portal that is compliant with all of the Canadian privacy standards. It allows us to speak freely by video through your computer or smartphone.
For those who are more comfortable, we will also be able to proceed with the visits by telephone.
What if my internet connection isn’t great?
Virtual visits via telephone are also available, and are used as a back-up if the internet connection isn’t good enough.
How do I get my prescriptions?
You’ll also be given a link to set up your own patient portal where you will be able to log in at any time to view or download your treatment recommendations.
How do I get my requisition form for the lab work?
Just like with your treatment recommendations, you’ll be given a link to set up your own patient portal where you will be able to log in at any time to download or print your requisition form of any agreed upon lab work.
How do I pick up my supplements?
For any recommended products, you can either:
- Pick it up at your favourite health supplement store
- Use my online dispensary to order the supplements