What supplement should I take for …?
This question comes up a lot with my new patients
My answer is always “it depends …”
Which supplements you should take for XYZ depends on many factors including:
- Your specific condition(s)
- Your overall health
- Your health goals
- Your digestion
- Your nutrition & lifestyle
- Your medications
- Your other supplements
- etc etc etc
So yes, it’s annoying but it really does depend!
“The supplement industry drives me BANANAS!!!”
You’ll hear me say this at least a few times during my “sidebar rant” when we discuss all things supplements
I say this in 99% of my first patient visits because I always ask:
- What supplements are you taking?
- Why are you taking them?
- Which company are they?
The most common answers
Over the last 15 years, the answers to my questions are usually:
- Read/heard about it somewhere that it was good for XYZ condition
- Saw it on IG/FB/TikTok that it was good for XYZ condition
- Mom/BFF/coworker told you that their cousin/neighbour/friend took it for XYZ condition and fixed it
And sometimes even: my doctor told me to take it!
The problem is:
- Do YOU actually need to take this supplement?
- Will this supplement actually help YOU?
- Did you choose the supplement that’s going to be the most effective for YOUR health and wallet?
I’m here to help you navigate the convoluted world of supplements so that:
- You’re taking what YOU need +
- The research shows that it benefits YOUR health+
- It’s the most cost-effective option
Which supplements are actually good?
Do you want to learn about how I analyse supplements for my patients?
Over the last 20 years, I’ve always asked this series of questions to determine if a supplement is high quality AND cost effective
Download this guide to learn the process for yourself
Then, ask the questions and SHARE it with your family/friends
The more of us who ask these questions, the better the quality of the supplements will be.