Transition to a New EHR System
I wanted to update everyone that I’m working on transitioning my EHR (electronic health records) system over the next few weeks.
To My Patients Who Have Already Had a Virtual Appointment with Me
For those of you who have taken advantage of my virtual consultations already, this will be a SLIGHT adjustment for you. But please be assured that the following requirements are still in place:
- They are both secure platforms that are PHIPA compliant
- They both allow for virtual consultations via a secure video connection
- They both allow you to manage your appointment schedules online
- They both have a personal patient portal for you
The reason that I decided to make the jump from JaneApp over to PracticeBetter is because I’m certain that your patient experience will be better through the new EHR system!
A few advantages that this new EHR system brings for you:
- They have an app where you can access everything instead of needing to use the browser
- The ability to directly load in your blood work results for analysis
- A food journal option built right into your account that allows you keep track of everything that you eat/drink after your appointment
- Also a lifestyle journal option that allows you to track (for example) your sleep, glucose levels, exercise, blood pressure readings, etc.
- And, the ability to message me directly through the app without the risk of a security breach
To My Patients Who Haven’t Had a Virtual Appointment with Me Yet
For those of you who haven’t yet had a virtual appointment with me just yet, you get to start from scratch with me on the new EHR system and it’s ALL good.
Some Video Resources For You
Just in case you run into any problems, here are a few videos to help you troubleshoot.
Tour of the Patient Portal
Here’s an introductory video to give you a little tour of your patient portal and where everything is:
Scheduling an Appointment
Here is a video on how to request an appointment through your portal:
** Please note that Naturopathic Doctors are regulated in Ontario and NDs are NOT allowed to provide “packages” or “programs”, as is mentioned in the video.
Accessing the Video Session for Your Appointment
Here’s a video showing you how to access the video session at your virtual appointment:
In addition, you can always send me an email and I will try my best to help you troubleshoot directly.
If you’d like to work together, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min meet & greet appointment to get started.
What’s a 15 min meet & greet appointment? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
#drmoirakwokND #torontonaturopathicdoctor #torontonaturopath #ehr #emr #adelaidehealthclinic #downtowntoronto #financialcore #FCP #firstcanadianplace #thePATH #insightnaturopathicclinic #midtowntoronto #leaside #northtoronto #eglinton