Recipe: Carrot Cake!
Carrot cake is one of my FAVOURITE cakes — second only to strawberry shortcake 🥰
If you’re looking for a cookbook with tons of healthy yet yummy recipes, you should check out Joy McCarthy’s series of cookbooks! You can find a link to her books HERE.
In the meantime, if you’re a carrot cake lover like me, check out the recipe below:
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup carrots — grated
- ⅔ cups raisins (rehydrated for 20 min in warm water BUT discard water before combining!)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Coconut oil — for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
- Line a 8″ or 9″ springform or cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides with coconut oil!
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca/arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add the carrots, raisins, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Use a whisk or hand mixer to combine the wed and dry ingredients until fully mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Let the batter settle for a few minutes and then use a spatula to pour batter into the cake pan.
- Place in the middle rack and bake for 40-45 min until a fork inserted comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cooling rack once baked. Let the cake completely cool before removing from the pan!
- Add your icing 😊
note: You can freeze this cake and enjoy over the next month!!