I’ve had multiple conversations with a particular favourite Insight patient of mine about making our own almond milk. She’s been doing this for quite a while and has found it super simple and tasty! So, I thought that I’d share the recipe with everyone and see what you guys think. Send me an email at info@moirakwokND.com if you have any comments or recommendations.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- water to soak the almonds
- 3 cups of water
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Soak the almonds with water in a glass container with an airtight lid in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the water from the almonds and discard the water.
- Blend the 3 cups of water and almonds until it is well-blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth, nut cloth or a strainer.
- Add vanilla as needed.
- Enjoy! However, remember to store the homemade almond milk in the refrigerator to be used within approximately 3-4 days.
On a Personal Note
Thank you D.P. for our great conversations and recipe swaps!
If you’d like to sit down with me to discuss how I can create a customized treatment plan for you to help you reach your health goals, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting and we can get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more posts on healthy recipes that you might also be interested in:
- Healthy Brownies
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Salad Towers
- Baby Bok Choy with Sesame & Ginger
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Bake with Toasted Almonds
- Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bake
#drmoirakwokND #cleaneating #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #nutrition #yummy #nutmilk #almondmilk #dairyfree #dairyalternative