Happy Civic Day long-weekend Ontario! And to celebrate, I’ve decided to foray into the world of blogging, so please feel free to email me with any topics that you would like to hear about!
As for what to start off with, I recently visited my friend and colleague, Amanda Cressman ND and she had made an amazing batch of brownies for us to share while we caught up on life since CCNM. She revealed that it had a secret ingredient — black beans!
If this sounds gross to you, I assure you, it tasted really good! And these black bean brownies are a little bit famous too because Chef Rocco was teaching Dr. Oz how to make them. An added bonus is that they are only 88 calories! See the video on Dr. Oz’s website.
Here’s the Recipe!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the black beans, cocoa powder, egg substitute, espresso powder and flour in a food processor, and blend until the mixture has no lumps at all.
- Add the vanilla, agave and butter.
- Blend again until everything is fully mixed.
- Pour the brownie mix into the greased 8×8 pan and bake for 20 minutes. ** make sure to turn the 8×8 baking pan halfway through!
- Turn the temperature down to 300˚F and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ** be careful to NOT overcook the brownies!!
- Let the brownies cool completely until they reach room temperature.
- Place the brownies in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Cut them into 12 squares and serve. ** make sure to refrigerate any of your leftover black bean brownies to enjoy another day!
If you’re looking to sit down with me to discuss how to improve your current diet or to give you suggestions on healthy recipes to help you achieve your health goals, CONTACT ME HERE and we can set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting to get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more posts on healthy recipes that you might also be interested in:
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Salad Towers
- Baby Bok Choy with Sesame & Ginger
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Bake with Toasted Almonds
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
- What’s So Great About Kale?
- Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
- Almond Milk
- Roasted Lemon Asparagus with Pecans
- Chocolate Avocado Matcha Popsicles
- Strawberry Mango Guacamole
- Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bake
#drmoirakwokND #cleaneating #delicious #healthyeating #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthyrecipes #homemade #homecheflife #nutrition #yummy #brownies #healthybrownies #dessert #nomnomnom