This is my spin on a popsicle recipe that I saw in one of my favourite cookbooks: Joy McCarthy’s Joyous Health. With summery weather just around the corner, pin or favourite this recipe and give it a try.
Avocados are one of my FAVOURITE foods and it makes me incredibly happy when I open one up and it’s just PERFECT. All of my fellow avocado lovers can attest to that!
Why are avocados so popular?
They are jam packed with lots of nutrients.
Did you know that an avocado actually wins out over a banana when it goes toe to toe (ie. ounce to ounce) with respect to potassium content?
Avocados also contain lots of healthy fats and fibre
Health benefits of avocados
- May be protective against Alzheimer’s disease
- Slow age-related cognitive and memory decline
- Anti-cancer, particularly breast cancer (because of its oleic acid content) and leukemia (because of its avocatin B content)
- Maintain healthy blood sugar
- Prevent age-related macular degeneration because it contains antioxidants (lutein & zeaxanthin) that absorb light waves that are harmful to your eyes
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides
- Supports a healthy pregnancy with its high folate content
- Relieve symptoms of an enlarged prostate because of its beta-sitosterol content
- Weight loss
Here’s the Recipe!
400 mL or 14 oz (1 can) coconut milk
1 ripe medium avocado, peeled & cubed
30 mL or 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
15 mL or 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
60 mL or ¼ cup honey
10-15 drops liquid stevia
1. Shake the can of coconut milk until you can hear the milk turn into a liquid
2. Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it’s well combined
3. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight
It’s as simple as that!
If you’d like to discuss how I can help you work towards your health goals, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting and we can get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more posts on healthy recipes that you might also be interested in:
- Healthy Brownies
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Salad Towers
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Bake with Toasted Almonds
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
- What’s So Great About Kale?
- Almond Milk Recipe
McCarthy J. 2014. Joyous Health: Eat and Live Well Without Dieting. Penguin Canada: Toronto ON.
#drmoirakwokND #cleaneating #delicious #healthyeating #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthyrecipes #homemade #homecheflife #nutrition #yummy #popsicles #summerisalmosthere #avocados #avocadolover #avocadolove #wherearetheavocados avocadorecipes #matcha #matchalove #matchalover #matchagreentea #matchaholic #vegan #vegetarian #plantbased #dairyfree #glutenfree #chocolate #cacao #cocoa #veganchocolate #dessert #snack