Throughout January, I am always asked about detoxing by patients who are trying to lose weight as their new year’s goal and how they should go about doing it in a healthy and safe way.
How Do We Detox?
Let’s start off with HOW we detox things out of our bodies!
There are 7 ways that our body detoxifies:
- Lungs: we expel toxins with every breath that we exhale.
- Liver: our liver is in control of the whole detoxification process in the body.
- Colon: the final place in the body where our waste travels through before being eliminated from the body.
- Kidneys: filter water-soluble wastes and eliminates it through the bladder.
- Skin: protects the body by covering it and keeping toxins from entering the body.
- Blood: flushes out the waste products and toxins.
- Lymph: collects cellular waste and helps destroy pathogens.
The Take-Away Message
The basic areas of focus when in comes to detoxification from a Naturopathic standpoint is to minimize your exposure to toxins, and to support your liver and kidneys to ensure that they are doing their job at detoxifying properly.
If you’d like to sit down with me to discuss how I can create a customized treatment plan for you to help you reach a healthy weight, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting and we can get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more posts on healthy habits that you might also be interested in:
- Diet & Meal Plans
- Berries and Cognitive Function
- What’s In Your Tea?
- Sugar – Is It As Bad As Everyone Says?
- Can a Phone App Help You Lose Weight?
- The Benefits of Having Pets Growing Up
- The Benefits of Living a Healthy Lifestyle on Longevity
- High Intensity Circuit Training (HICT)
Watson B. 2008. The Detox Strategy: Virant Health in 5 Easy Steps. New York, NY.
#drmoirakwokND #detox #weightloss #healthyliving #cleaneating #healthylifestyle #weightlossjourney #motivation #weightlosstransformation #healthyeating #wellness #inspiration #weightlossmotivation