Birth Control Pills & Prostate Cancer
I read a very interesting article on the potential association between birth control pills and prostate cancer last week.
In recent studies, it has been suggested that estrogen exposure increases the risk of prostate cancer. Interestingly, this study proposed that oral contraceptive by-products may contaminate the environment and result in an increased low level estrogen exposure, which therefore increases the incidence of prostate cancer. Even of more particular interest was the association that was made between increased oral contraceptive use around the world and an increased risk of prostate cancer, versus there being no association between the use of condoms, IUDs and other vaginal barriers and the risk of prostate cancer.
If you’d like to sit down and discuss prostate cancer, hormones or menstrual cycles with me, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting and we can get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more articles on hormones and cancer that you might also be interested in:
- Hormone Testing
- Birth Control Does What Else?!?
- How Does Vitamin C Help with Cancer?
- Roasted Salad Towers Recipe
- Baby Bok Choy with Sesame & Ginger Recipe
- One Third of Cancer Caused by Lifestyle Factors
- The Power of Berries for Cancer
- The Wonders of Green Tea for Cancer Prevention
- Margel D & Fleshner NE. BMJ Open. Oral contraceptive use is associated with prostate cancer: an ecological study. 2011 Nov 14; 1(2):e000311.
#drmoirakwokND #cancersucks #fuckcancer #cancersurvivor #chemotherapy #radiation #adjunctivecancertherapy #naturopathicsupport #yellowribbon #cancerwarrior