Pomegranate Quinoa Salad Recipe
A patient recently shared a fabulous recipe for a quinoa salad with me that she found in The Toronto Star.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into ¼” dices & drained
- ½ cup green bell pepper, cut into ¼” dices
- ½ cup green onions, chopped including the green parts
- ¾ cup almond slices
- ¾ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
Makes approximately 6 cups
- Bring water to a boil on high heat. Stir in the quinoa and return it to a boil. Then turn the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender by chewy. Remove the cover, fluff and cool to room temperature.
- Put 2 cups of quinoa in a large bowl. Reserve the remainder for another salad or a side dish.
- Add pomegranate, cucumber, green pepper, green onions, almonds, parsley, cilantro and mint. Toss gently.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large measuring cup, and then pour it over the quinoa mixture. Toss gently to combine.
If you’d like to sit down with me to discuss how I can help you achieve your health goals, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting to get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more healthy recipe posts that you might also be interested in:
- Healthy Brownies Recipe
- Roasted Salad Towers
- Baby Bok Choy with Sesame & Ginger Recipe
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Bake with Toasted Almonds Recipe
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- What’s So Great About Kale?
- Chocolate Avocado Matcha Popsicles
- Almond Milk Recipe
#drmoirakwokND #cleaneating #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #nutrition #vegan #vegetarian #homemade #plantbased #veggies #salads