Chia Pudding Recipe
This is one of my favourite quick and easy breakfast on the go recipes that’s a variation from the one that I got from the lovely Natasha who helps keep us all organized at Insight Naturopathic Clinic.
The nutrition of chia seeds
Chia seeds provide lots of soluble fibre, which makes you feel full, regulates your blood sugar, is a prebiotic for your good gut bacteria and bulks up your stools to regulate your bowel movements.
They also contain lots of omega-3 fatty acids, which are what you get from eating fatty fish or flaxseeds, and is very important for brain and heart health.
Chia seeds also contain lots of antioxidants, calcium, manganese, phosphorus and potassium.
Health benefits of chia seeds
- Blood sugar regulation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decrease bad cholesterol (LDL), total cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels
- Regulates your bowel movements and prevents constipation
- Helps with weight loss because of its high fibre content
Here’s the Recipe!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup nut milk of your choosing
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp blueberries
- Add the chia seeds, nut milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup and cacao powder to a mason jar
- Mix well with a fork or just close the lid and shake well
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken
- Add the strawberries and blueberries the next morning before you toss it into your lunch bag and enjoy it on your commute or when you get to work
note: If you like your pudding thicker, add less nut milk. If you like your pudding a little bit runnier, add more nut milk. It takes a few times of trial and error to figure out the best ratio of chia seeds to nut milk for your preferred texture.
note: There are tons of different varieties of flavour and fruits that you can use. You can even sprinkle some granola into the mix and make yourself a parfait! The sky’s the limit to your creation.
If you’d like to discuss how I can help you reach your health goals, CONTACT ME HERE to set up a complimentary 15 min discovery call/meeting and we can get started.
What’s a discovery call/meeting? It’s where we get to know each other better to ensure that I’m the right practitioner for you and that you have the opportunity to ask your questions about Naturopathic Medicine before we move forward with an initial Naturopathic consultation.
Here are a few more posts on healthy recipes that you might also be interested in:
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Salad Towers
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
- Almond Milk
- Chocolate Avocado Matcha Popsicles
- Strawberry Mango Guacamole
- Blueberry Spelt Pancakes
#drmoirakwokND #cleaneating #delicious #healthyeating #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #healthyrecipes #homemade #homecheflife #nutrition #yummy #chiaseeds #superfood #breakfast #breakfastonthego #glutenfree #vegan #vegetarian #plantbased #dairyfree